Ecuador EC Facts Info Stuff
World Country Facts:
Ecuador Facts Info Stuff (EC):
Ecuador Latitude Facts: -1.48 and Ecuador Longitude Facts: -79.6103125
Ecuador Regions are: Azuay Bolivar Canar Carchi Chimborazo Cotopaxi El Oro Esmeraldas Galapagos Guayas Imbabura Loja Los Rios Manabi Morona-Santiago Napo Orellana Pastaza Pichincha Sucumbios Tungurahua Zamora-Chinchipe
Various World Country Facts:
- Jarvis Island Category: Geography - Natural resources: guano (deposits worked until late 1800s), terrestrial and aquatic wildlife
- Navassa Island Category: Geography - Environment - current issues: NA
- French Guiana Category: Introduction - Background: First settled by the French in 1604, French Guiana was the site of notorious penal settlements until 1951. The European Space Agency launches its communication satellites from Kourou.
- Grenada Category: Geography - Land use (%): arable land: 5.88%; permanent crops: 29.41%; other: 64.71% (2005)
- Belarus Category: Introduction - Background: After seven decades as a constituent republic of the USSR, Belarus attained its independence in 1991. It has retained closer political and economic ties to Russia than any of the other former Soviet republics. Belarus and Russia signed a treaty on a two-state union on 8 December 1999 envisioning greater political and economic integration. Although Belarus agreed to a framework to carry out the accord, serious implementation has yet to take place. Since his election in July 1994 as the country's first president, Alexandr LUKASHENKO has steadily consolidated his power through authoritarian means. Government restrictions on freedom of speech and the press, peaceful assembly, and religion continue.