Argentina AR Facts Info Stuff
World Country Facts:
Argentina Facts Info Stuff (AR):
Argentina Latitude Facts: -33.3097927461141 and Argentina Longitude Facts: -61.7167789291884
Argentina Regions are: Buenos Aires Catamarca Chaco Chubut Cordoba Corrientes Distrito Federal Entre Rios Formosa Jujuy La Pampa La Rioja Mendoza Misiones Neuquen Rio Negro Salta San Juan San Luis Santa Cruz Santa Fe Santiago del Estero Tierra del Fuego Tucuman
Various World Country Facts:
- Lebanon Category: Economy - Economy - overview: The 1975-90 civil war seriously damaged Lebanon's economic infrastructure, cut national output by half, and all but ended Lebanon's position as a Middle Eastern entrepot and banking hub. In the years since, Lebanon has rebuilt much of its war-torn physical and financial infrastructure by borrowing heavily - mostly from domestic banks. In an attempt to reduce the ballooning national debt, the Rafiq HARIRI government in the 1990s began an austerity program, reining in government expenditures, increasing revenue collection, and privatizing state enterprises, but economic and financial reform initiatives stalled and public debt continued to grow despite receipt of more than billion in bilateral assistance at the 2002 Paris II Donors Conference. The Israeli-Hizballah conflict in July-August 2006 caused an estimated .6 billion in infrastructure damage, and prompted international donors to pledge nearly billion in recovery and reconstruction assistance. Donors met again in January 2007 at the Paris III Donor Conference and pledged more than .5 billion to Lebanon for development projects and budget support, conditioned on progress on Beirut's fiscal reform and privatization program. An 18-month political stalemate and sporadic sectarian and political violence hampered economic activity, particularly tourism, retail sales, and investment, until a new government was formed in July 2008.
- Sri Lanka Category: Economy - Labor force - by occupation (%): agriculture: 34.7%; industry: 26.1%; services: 39.2% (30 September 2008 estimate)
- Holy See (Vatican City) Category: Communications - Internet users: 93 (2000)
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands Category: Introduction - Background: These uninhabited islands came under Australian authority in 1931; formal administration began two years later. Ashmore Reef supports a rich and diverse avian and marine habitat; in 1983, it became a National Nature Reserve. Cartier Island, a former bombing range, is now a marine reserve.
- Guinea Category: People - Life expectancy at birth (years): total population: 56.58 years; male: 55.12 years; female: 58.08 years (2008 estimate)