Ukraine UA Facts Info Stuff
World Country Facts:
Ukraine Facts Info Stuff (UA):
Ukraine Latitude Facts: 48.7771915393655 and Ukraine Longitude Facts: 31.7117038777908
Ukraine Regions are: Cherkas'ka Oblast' Chernihivs'ka Oblast' Chernivets'ka Oblast' Dnipropetrovs'ka Oblast' Donets'ka Oblast' Ivano-Frankivs'ka Oblast' Kharkivs'ka Oblast' Khersons'ka Oblast' Khmel'nyts'ka Oblast' Kirovohrads'ka Oblast' Krym Kyyivs'ka Oblast' L'vivs'ka Oblast' Luhans'ka Oblast' Mykolayivs'ka Oblast' Odes'ka Oblast' Poltavs'ka Oblast' Rivnens'ka Oblast' Sevastopol' Sums'ka Oblast' Ternopil's'ka Oblast' Vinnyts'ka Oblast' Volyns'ka Oblast' Zakarpats'ka Oblast' Zaporiz'ka Oblast' Zhytomyrs'ka Oblast'
Various World Country Facts:
- Senegal Category: Economy - Economy - overview: In January 1994, Senegal undertook a bold and ambitious economic reform program with the support of the international donor community. This reform began with a 50% devaluation of Senegal's currency, the CFA franc, which was linked at a fixed rate to the French franc. Government price controls and subsidies have been steadily dismantled. After seeing its economy contract by 2.1% in 1993, Senegal made an important turnaround, thanks to the reform program, with real growth in GDP averaging over 5% annually during 1995-2007. Annual inflation had been pushed down to the low single digits. As a member of the West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU), Senegal is working toward greater regional integration with a unified external tariff and a more stable monetary policy. High unemployment, however, continues to prompt illegal migrants to flee Senegal in search of better job opportunities in Europe. Senegal was also beset by an energy crisis that caused widespread blackouts in 2006 and 2007. The phosphate industry has struggled for two years to secure capital, and reduced output has directly impacted GDP. In 2007, Senegal signed agreements for major new mining concessions for iron, zircon, and gold with foreign companies. Firms from Dubai have agreed to manage and modernize Dakar's maritime port, and create a new special economic zone. Senegal still relies heavily upon outside donor assistance. Under the IMF's Highly Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) debt relief program, Senegal has benefited from eradication of two-thirds of its bilateral, multilateral, and private-sector debt. In 2007, Senegal and the IMF agreed to a new, non-disbursing, Policy Support Initiative program.
- French Polynesia Category: Communications - Radio broadcast stations: AM 2, FM 14, shortwave 2 (1998)
- Bouvet Island Category: Military - Military - note: defense is the responsibility of Norway
- Saint Kitts and Nevis Category: People - Religions (%): Anglican, other Protestant, Roman Catholic
- Equatorial Guinea Category: People - Infant mortality rate (deaths/1,000 live births): total: 83.75 deaths/1,000 live births; male: 84.85 deaths/1,000 live births; female: 82.61 deaths/1,000 live births (2008 estimate)