Kenya KE Facts Info Stuff
World Country Facts:
Kenya Facts Info Stuff (KE):
Kenya Latitude Facts: -0.830169491525424 and Kenya Longitude Facts: 36.5615254237288
Various World Country Facts:
- Samoa Category: Introduction - Background: New Zealand occupied the German protectorate of Western Samoa at the outbreak of World War I in 1914. It continued to administer the islands as a mandate and then as a trust territory until 1962, when the islands became the first Polynesian nation to reestablish independence in the 20th century. The country dropped the "Western" from its name in 1997.
- Yemen Category: Economy - Economy - overview: Yemen, one of the poorest countries in the Arab world, reported average annual growth in the range of 3-4% from 2000 through 2007. Its economic fortunes depend mostly on declining oil resources, but the country is trying to diversify its earnings. In 2006 Yemen began an economic reform program designed to bolster non-oil sectors of the economy and foreign investment. As a result of the program, international donors pledged about billion for development projects. In addition, Yemen has made some progress on reforms over the last year that will likely encourage foreign investment. Oil revenues probably increased in 2007 as a result of higher prices.
- Japan Category: Communications - Telephones - main lines in use: 51.232 million (2007)
- Albania Category: Geography - Geography - note: strategic location along Strait of Otranto (links Adriatic Sea to Ionian Sea and Mediterranean Sea)
- Georgia Category: Economy - Oil - imports (bbl/day): 15,820 bbl/day (2005)