About Facts Info Stuff
We present the Facts!
- Laos Category: Transnational Issues - Trafficking in persons: current situation: Laos is a source country for men and women trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and sexual exploitation; a significant number are economic migrants who are subjected to commercial sexual exploitation or conditions of forced or bonded labor in Thailand; to a lesser extent, Laos is a transit and destination country for women who are trafficked for sexual exploitation including a small number of victims from China and Vietnam trafficked to work as street vendors and for sexual exploitation in prostitution; tier rating: Tier 3 - Laos does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking and is not making significant efforts to do so
- Finland Category: Geography - Land use (%): arable land: 6.54%; permanent crops: 0.02%; other: 93.44% (2005)
- Nigeria Category: Economy - Exports - commodities (%): petroleum and petroleum products 95%, cocoa, rubber
- Mali Category: Transportation - Railways (km): total: 729 km; narrow gauge: 729 km 1.000-m gauge (2006)
- Comoros Category: Geography - Environment - international agreements: party to: Biodiversity, Climate Change, Climate Change-Kyoto Protocol, Desertification, Endangered Species, Hazardous Wastes, Law of the Sea, Ozone Layer Protection, Ship Pollution, Wetlands; signed, but not ratified: none of the selected agreements
Source: CIA - The World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2028.html